I machine quilted them with cotton thread in straight lines, following the flow of the block seams. I wanted to add a little texture, so I tied all three with the same golden yarn. It was a wool mix, and got a little crazy after the final wash. I was hoping they would felt more after the wash, but nope. Definitely need to keep trying different yarns for tying. I do still like the pop of color and texture.
I backed them in a mix of fun and colorful flannel fabrics, but I didn't get any good shots of the finished backs! I used about 5 or 6 different flannels and pieced them in big stripes for each quilt. You can see a few of them in the last picture in this post.
After I finished the tops, but before I pieced the backs and quilted the quilts, my little nephews and niece were born premature and spent almost 3 months in the NICU, but all three are now home with their mommies! Yup, two boys and a girl. They are the cutest little things...though they aren't so little now and are getting bigger! Nothing better than chunky, roly-poly babies! Here are the quilt labels I was able to make, since I knew their names before I finished the quilts. I designed the labels on my computer and them printed them out in the approximate size I wanted to make them. I turned the paper over and copied the labels with an iron-on pencil for transferring embroidery patterns. Then I ironed them on to the gingham and started embroidering.
I can't wait to meet them! And see them with their quilts (which I hope they will cherish as much as I did making them). Thanks for stopping in. Have a great day!